Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Update :)


These past few weeks have been wonderful... hanging out with my little guy, enjoying my home, loving not working, spending extra time with friends and family, basking in the sunshine by the pool, early morning walks with Ray and Barrett, taking naps, making dinner, and just having a blast!

The first few weeks after Barrett was born I was filled with much anxiety, especially at night. I would have trouble sleeping because I was so worried that something might happen to him while I was asleep. Ray had to pray for me several times one night. As I have been reading through the Psalms... Psalm 3 and 4 both have a verse about sleep that is such a good reminder!
I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. Psalm 3:5

I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD,
make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

I am confident that the Lord will continue to grant sleep to both Barrett and I. I feel encouraged to be reminded of the Lord's promise to sustain my son while we're asleep... that God is a covering and shield for Barrett in the wee hours of the night. And... matter of fact, he has been sleeping around 4-6 hours a night! I am thankful that he is learning how to put himself to sleep without screaming. It was hard the first few nights to let him cry for a bit, but he quickly learned that crying didn't do any good... so now he just sucks on his little fingers or pacifier and coos and grunts until he falls asleep. The Lord is good... though not every night is full of lots of sleep, the Lord is kind to refresh me each morning for another day with my baby!

This week I am cleaning, packing, and preparing for our trip to Florida for the big Hunt family reunion next week! I have never been to Florida so I am excited! We are flying... thankfully! I am excited to meet the rest of Ray's family... and to just relax with fam! I know that Ray is totally looking forward to a vacation too! So, Yesterday was full of errands... today... is full of cleaning and laundry!

Oh, and I started working out this morning! Yikes... is all I have to say! I bought some Jullian Michaels videos! She will kick your butt! I thought I was going to die! I guess I stopped working out a little too soon in my pregnancy.. ha! So... it will probably be a hard road back to my old body, but the time has come :) One day at a time is what I tell myself.

One thing I have been enjoying is working on Barrett's baby book... I really need to go back and finish our honeymoon album and start a wedding album. Oh boy :) And, I just finished his birth announcement; gotta get them in the mail!

All in all, life is good. After Florida, the countdown to go back to work starts. I have always been the kind of person that needs to pump myself up for things :) So... as much as I have loved being off work... I actually miss my friends, the kids, and nursing! I am trying to mediate on the positive aspects of me going back to work part-time....and there actually are quite a few! One being, that Barrett will have at least one day a week with his GiGi (Sharay, Ray's mom) and one night with his daddy! I am glad that he will have special one on one time with them!

Now, off to shower while the baby is asleep! It is amazing how fast you learn to do things once your a mom! :) I think my record for the shower is 1 minute!! :)


No comments: