Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Faith & Expectation

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation.

But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them
that those who love your name
may rejoice in you.
For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

Psalm 5:3,11-12

I was talking with Ray last night about faith. How much faith do I have? Do I ask God for things in faith... do I truly wait in expectation each morning for what he wants to accomplish in my life? Do I have the kind of faith that would do anything that God asks of me... giving up the comforts of this life to serve Him?

As you love Me, you accept My will as your own, and the
caliber and extent of your love for Me may be accurately
measured to the degree that you accept My will with a peaceful heart.
You can best sing "My Jesus, I Love You"
when you can truly sing "Where He leads Me, I Will Follow."
For whoever does not take up his cross daily to follow Me cannot be My disciple.
(Come Away My Beloved pg 222)

"I have been crucified with Christ;
it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me;
and the life which I now live in the flesh
I live by faith in the Son of God,
who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galations 2:20

No comments: