Sunday, October 4, 2009

NEW & OLD

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17

So the past few weeks I have had to get rid of some of my old things... the last time Ray and I visited my parents, he graciously carried 5 very large boxes of old mementos from, believe it or not, elementary, middle, highschool, and college. Just ask him...I saved every little letter from my girlfriends, every card from every birthday and christmas and special occasion, every plaque, every picture, every stuffed animal, etc. Lets just say it was a ton of stuff! So I have been going through the old memories...remembering God's amazing faithfulness to me through the last 24 years. It has honestly been a blast going through it all, but very painful to throw away some of the things that I cherished so much...Ray gets a good chuckle at some of the things I saved :) So... after 6 trash bags full of memories I am feeling much better about things :) At least the room isn't as stuffed full of "stuff."
here's a couple of my sweet mementos from friends and family...

This is a picture that my parents gave me to keep in my little
treasure chest full of special people in my life :) This is them
on their wedding day!! SO CUTE!

This note hung over my bed all four years of college,
to remind me to NEVER
EVER GIVE UP!

This was a silly picture I filled out, pretending each
dog represented someone in my family (even my dog, Manda!) HAHA!

Me and my dad on the SCOOBY DOO Roller Coaster Baby! :)
(I know its crooked)

An encouraging note from one of my best friends, Julia,
also known as HULES :) She was and still is faithful to
send me little notes that ENCOURAGE my heart!

My mom would always leave the sweetest notes in my lunchbox or bookbag...
this one I found in my gym bag on the way to a volleyball game :)


BUT I am learning to LOVE and APPRECIATE new Things...

*being newly married....so many wonderful blessing!
(This was taken when Ray surprised me and took me to see
Rascal Flatts! It was SOO much fun, even in the rain!)

*My new favorite drink... Coffee frappaccino

*Starting a new study at church on GALATIONS!

*nEw TV...Whoohoo!!

*New Babies...my dear friends Derek and Carianne, just had their
second baby...such a CUTIE!!

*painting for the FIRST time...our study is now a new beautiful BRIGHT blue!

*And...Our sweet, clean, and NEW toothbrushes...
to get that minty fresh breath :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't visited your blog in a while - you are so cute! Kylie has been accumulating every memento and knick knack her whole life, too. I should have her read this : )

Ashley said...

awww :) It's so fun to go back and remember! miss you guys!