Saturday, October 24, 2009

Laughing in the Wildflowers....

Fear...
Distraction...
Confusion...
Frustration...

What does the Enemy use to take our gaze off our beautiful Savior? This past week I have felt my gaze dropping from heaven to earth. Thoughts of the future mainly... regarding money, our families, our house, etc. The Lord clearly tells me to stay focused on today and not worry about tomorrow.

Matt. 6:25-43 (The Message)

"If you decide for God, living a life of God-worship, it follows that you don't fuss about what's on the table at mealtimes or whether the clothes in your closet are in fashion. There is far more to your life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body. Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds.

"Has anyone by fussing in front of the mirror ever gotten taller by so much as an inch? All this time and money wasted on fashion—do you think it makes that much difference? Instead of looking at the fashions, walk out into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They never primp or shop, but have you ever seen color and design quite like it? The ten best-dressed men and women in the country look shabby alongside them.

"If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.

How often my mind drifts to what i must do next with the house, what I will fix for dinner, what new clothes are out... though these are all good in and of themselves.... i must remember that one day it will all burn. I will not take my house, clothes, food, or job to heaven. I enter heaven with my gaze fixed upon the most beautiful treasure... Jesus Christ. "All my crowns will fall down before him." What a gift!

I have been trying to apply this to my life... Laying down each day and surrendering to the Lord to use me and every aspect of my life as he wills. I was reading through Proverbs 31 the other day, just reminding myself of the precious precepts in that passage. One verse, that has never previously stood out to me, jumped out at me when I read it this time....

Proverbs 31:25- SHE IS CLOTHED WITH STRENGTH AND DIGNITY; SHE CAN LAUGH AT THE DAYS TO COME.

WOW!! Lord, how can I laugh at the days to come...I don't know what is going to happen???? The woman that trusts in God can surely LAUGH at the future...nothing is going to take her by surprise because she is steadfast. She is firm in her grip on her faithful, loving, sovereign Father. Her Abba will not give her anything she cannot handle...and the same goes for me! I can handle anything!! :) Because my Savior is TRUSTWORTHY.... ALWAYS!

May we just try to forget all our cares and worries just long enough to run through the wildflowers and admire their beauty, laughing as we hold the hand of our Father... I bet we will never go back to our worries...

No comments: