Thursday, March 17, 2011

inchworm, toys, and talking



Oh my little Barr Baby!!! What a fun day we had today!!

Today was just supposed to be a "regular day" with nothing too exciting... but when I laid my boy down for bed and he rested his little head of my shoulder, I wanted to hold him for just a little bit longer... today was actually a "special day!" My boy was happy, playful, and becoming more and more adventurous! I love watching him learn to conquer his inchworm crawl... becoming more and more proficient with each day (especially when he is going after my coffee mug!). I love seeing him interacting with his toys and baby einstein movies! And I love hearing him babble up a storm and say his favorite word about a million times a day.... "dada!!" Oh we played our hearts out today! We laughed... yeah, me and my 9 month old... we laughed it up baby!! :) His sweet personality is rockin... and I love the time that I get to spend with him! Everyday is a SPECIAL day!

Ray was off more than usual this past week so we were able to spend some quality time with family and friends! I love my days with my little man, but my times with my big man are just as amazing!! Ray brings me so much joy! I love the little ways he is always thinking of me and what I prefer... I love watching our favorite shows together... planning our future (or at least a tentative plan, right Lord?!?), how he remembers every patient I have ever told him about, seeing him dive into the Word whenever either of us have questions, and of coarse, the way he makes me roll off the couch laughing ALL THE TIME!! We were just made for each other... and I love that!!! I love how I see the beautiful hand of God woven through our relationship! I can't believe we are coming up on our 2 year anniversary!!

Nanny (Ray's grandma) is taking care of Barrett while we both work tomorrow because GiGi is out of town!! I am so thankful for all the people that have cared for our little boy since he was born!! To see how our family, friends, and church have come along side us has been overwhelming... I am grateful... and I know that Nanny will give Barrett just as many kisses as I would!! I always LOVE hearing about his day when I get off!

And whether my work day is done or just a day at home being a wife and mom is done, I feel carried on His everlasting wings... knowing that this is the season that He has called me to and IT IS AN HONOR to be what HE has called me to be... knowing that His grace is sufficient for me!

"This job has been given to me to do. Therefore, it is a gift. Therefore, it is a privilege. Therefore, it is an offering I may make to God. Therefore, it is to be done gladly, if it is done for Him. Here, not somewhere else, I may learn God’s way. In this job, not in some other, God looks for faithfulness."
Elisabeth Elliot



No comments: