Tuesday, November 2, 2010

joy & peace come with release :)

Trying to sleep...
Trying to take a nap...
My mind will not rest...

Oh how I hate the days that I have to go into work at night. I try really hard to not dread them... somehow I am anxious from the time I wake up until the time I get home in the morning to see my little man. There are so many fears that enter my mind... I won't even begin to try to list them all! I hate being away from him... I hate missing out on even an hour of his sweet little life... I hate knowing that when he cries and looks around for his mom and she isn't there... I hate that I don't get to kiss him goodnight and snuggle him in his blankets...I hate the I miss his bath time fun and cute smile... ugh... I just miss him when I'm not with him. I know that it isn't wrong to miss my precious boy, but I must NOT let fear fill my mind in the short time that I am not with him. I am blessed to only work 2 days a week... and it is only for a season. But I know that it is working good in my life. One verse that God has spoken so clearly is...

"For you shall go out with joy, and be led forth in peace
the mountains and the hills shall break forth in singing before you."
Isaiah 55:12

God has been so gracious to give me the assurance that once I release Barrett to Him I will be filled with joy and peace... and Barrett will be filled with peace and joy too! I must remember that releasing Barrett into God's hands means that he is in VERY GOOD hands... there are none stronger, more loving, or more calming than the hands of the Father.

Love this quote:
"We don't want to limit what God can do in our children by clutching them to ourselves and trying to parent them alone. If we're not positive that God is in control of our children's lives, we'll be ruled by fear. And the only way to be sure that God is in control is to surrender our hold and allow Him full access to their lives. We can trust God to take care of our children even better than we can. When we release our children into the Father's hands and acknowledge that He is in control of both their lives and ours, both we and our children have grater peace."
Stormie Omartian (The Power of a Praying Parent)

So, as much as I hate leaving my little Barrett, I release him to the Lord to watch over and protect. He is in the best hands when he is with the Father. "For He shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone." (Psalm 91:11-12) I will remember Psalm 112:7, "He will not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. " I know the "the peace of God that transcends all understanding will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus tonight and the many nights to come."

JOY & PEACE COME WTIH RELEASE :)
Love you my sweet barrett boy!

No comments: