Saturday, August 21, 2010

first, the wall...

After a visit from a dear friend, my mind is racing with new ideas for my house...

My friend Carol from Charlottesville is more than a friend... she is a sister in the Lord that has encouraged me through many seasons of my life all the while herself battling cancer. She has cancer and her son, Chris, just finished treatment for leukemia. I have never know a family that lives each day full of the hope of Christ! They took me into their beautiful home in Charlottesville during the summer before my senior year of college. I was doing an internship at UVA hospital and they graciously opened their home to me! The rest is history... I became part of the family and they each hold a very special place in my heart. Not only is Carol one of the strongest people I have met, she is wonderfully creative and has many unique and cheap ideas for decorating homes. Other than the kitchen, baby room, and guest room the rest of the house is in dire need of some creativity and fun :) So, I am planning to take a little project each month (or so) and work on it when the baby naps or during "mommy helper" time, etc. The idea of learning how to decorate my house has gotten me excited... seeming that I usually get overwhelmed at the thought of doing a new project. I am loving my little townhouse though... its our home and I want it to be full of fun!!

We have a very large wall in the living room of our house. I wasn't sure what would actually look good on the wall seeming that it is huge! Carol had a sweet idea... and here's what my latest project will be (after I start getting my paycheck of coarse! haha).


Who knows how long this will take me to accomplish with a little baby in the house... but I am excited to at least start working on our home...

Thanks Carol for awesome ideas! You are such a precious friend to me!!


..... more interior decorating ideas coming your way in the months to come, thanks to Carol :)

No comments: