Saturday, February 6, 2010

ITS A ..........







"Barrett" is my maiden name... seeming that my dad had 2 girls we decided that might be a neat way to carry on the name for another generation. Barrett means, "strong and handsome."

David is my father-in-law's first name. We also wanted a biblical name. So we figured that we can have both our dad's names for our firstborn son.

I love thinking that my son will be a "strong, handsome man after God's own heart!"
That's what we pray for him! :)

Yes, Yes, it is our little MAN! :)
Ray only wanted pictures of this part!
Ha! You should have seen his face when they said BOY!
I will never forget it!

How cute is he??? :)
The ultrasound lady kept saying...
"He has your nose!" :)

I drank a few sips of Dr. Pepper before the ultrasound because my mom had driven 4 hours in a snow storm... so I was bound and determined to make sure that he moved so that we could find out the sex.... well, the DP kinda jacked him up! haha! He was so hyper, moving all around... we could barely get a profile picture! I am sure that he will have the energy of mommy and daddy combined! Wow! Watch our world!! :)

It was very special to have my mom and my mother-in-law in the room with us! They were both pretty teary eyed when they saw him for the first time! I am so thankful for such a supportive family during this season in our lives! We definitely could not do it without them!

So, Ray and I decided we wanted a FUN way to tell Katelyn and Caleb if the baby was a boy or girl. We got a Pinata and filled it with BOY (blue and green) things...
Caleb attacked the pinata and demolished it :)



...and all the stuff fell out!

When Caleb saw the Redskins jersey (daddy's team) he started saying,
"Its a boy, its a boy!" It was so cute!

We had the back room set up with all boy stuff to celebrate little
Barrett :)


Caleb said he couldn't see where it was a boy...so his mom had
to point it out.

My best friend, Kristi, got Barrett some of his first outfits!
Thank you Aunt Trusty!



We're having a SON!

Auntie Kates! Though she was a little disappointed that she has yet another
boy in her life... she is going to be the BEST AUNT! She already has some
awesome ideas of things she wants to make for him! He is going to
blessed to have her as such a caring, thoughtful aunt!

I could not express how grateful I was to have my best friend come in for the party :)
And... get snowed in with me the next day! Yeah!

Kristi, you are the kind of friend that everyone wants...but few find...
You always make me and the little things and big things in my life as much a part of you as they are me! I could not ask for a dearer, more selfless, fun, sweet, giving, and LOVING friend! Thank you for walking this journey with me! I love you! :)

This had to be one of my favorite weekends EVER!
I am so grateful for so many blessings in my life!

We had no idea we could LOVE something so much!
Barrett, mommy and daddy can't wait to meet you, son!

No comments: